Bennetts Water Gardens (BWG) places great importance on the safety of its visitors and endeavours to ensure that the high standards set by (BWG are complied with by all persons visiting the Attraction (as defined below). Entry will only be allowed to the Attraction to those visitors who are willing to comply with these terms and conditions of entry (Entry Conditions).
Please assist BWG in ensuring the Attraction and facilities remain a safe place in which to enjoy fun and exciting experiences.
In these Entry Conditions, the following definitions shall apply:
Admission Ticket, a valid ticket allowing the holder entry to the Attraction;
Attraction, Bennetts Water Gardens or any part of it;
Bennetts Water Lily Farm t/a Bennetts Water Gardens, Putton Ln, Chickerell, Weymouth, DT3 4AF.
- All persons entering the Attraction are admitted subject to the following Entry Conditions. Any person who does not comply with these Entry Conditions may be removed from the Attraction by BWG personnel, security or police officers, without any right to a refund. This is without prejudice to any claim that the Attraction may have against such a person or persons arising out of their actions. Whilst inside the Attraction, all visitors must comply with any reasonable instructions given to them by BWG personnel or any third party instructed on behalf of BWG.
- By entering the Attraction, all persons acknowledge that they are under a duty to take reasonable steps to ensure their own safety and that of any person accompanying them, taking into account personal medical conditions. All persons in and around the Attraction should behave in a safe manner at all times.
- BWG, acting reasonably at all times, reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse admission to the Attraction, ban from entry to the Attraction, or remove from the Attraction without right to refund any person who:
- acts in an inappropriate and/or undesirable manner whilst travelling to the Attraction whether by bus, coach or other means, where such behaviour has been reported to BWG by a reliable independent source;
- has been convicted of a criminal offence relating to BWG or civil unrest at BWG property/attractions, which, in the opinion of BWG, is likely to affect the safety and/or enjoyment of other visitors or staff, or uses violent, aggressive, threatening, abusive, discriminatory or insulting words or behaviour or in any way behaves in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace;
- climbs or stands upon fences, barriers, walls, bridges, exhibits or any other buildings at the Attraction. BWG reserves the right to prosecute any person found damaging or defacing any part of the grounds, fences, barriers, walls, bridges, exhibits, fabrics or buildings at the Attraction and to initiate legal proceedings if appropriate;
- removes any plant or plant material, cutting, flowers or seeds, from the Attraction.
- has displayed any sign or visible representation of any kind which is, or could be reasonably judged to be, threatening, abusive or insulting;
- has previously acted in any manner which has caused the Attraction to report that individual to BWG; or
- is attempting to regain admission to the Attraction or has been found inside the Attraction without a valid Admission Ticket;
- has purchased or obtained any tickets or discount vouchers from a ticket tout or BWG reasonably believes that they have purchased an Admission Ticket from an unauthorised source;
- enters any areas of the Attraction where guest access is prohibited.
- All persons entering the Attraction must pay for an Admission Ticket which has been obtained from the Attraction, the Attraction’s website or an authorised third party.
- No child or children under the age of 16 will be admitted to an Attraction unless they are accompanied by an adult aged 18 years or over and such child or children whilst on site must remain under the control or supervision of an adult at all times. The Attraction reserves the right, in its absolute discretion to change the age restrictions referred to in this condition, if any particular circumstances so require in the interests of safety and security.
- If re-entry into the Attraction is required, an appropriate handstamp or ticket must be obtained, before exiting the Attraction which must be shown at the time of re-entry to regain access. Admission Tickets must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by BWG.
- All Admission Tickets are non-transferable, not for resale and will become automatically void on any transfer for value.
- Admission Tickets will only be exchanged or refunded if BWG, in its absolute discretion, chooses to do so.
- Admission Tickets purchased are only valid on the date printed on the receipt. Please check the Attraction’s operating calendar for opening dates and times.
- THE ATTRACTION IS PRIVATE PROPERTY. The sale of tickets/vouchers by anyone other than the Attraction is strictly prohibited. Only persons authorised by an Attraction are permitted to sell or offer for sale any items to visitors within the Attraction grounds.
- To prevent offensive weapons or dangerous articles from being taken into the Attraction, visitors are admitted to the Attraction subject to a condition that, if requested to do so, they will allow themselves and/or their belongings to be searched. For the avoidance of doubt, it is prohibited to bring into the Attraction any weapons, fireworks, smoke bombs, glass bottles or other articles, which may cause injury. The throwing of any article which could cause injury or affect the enjoyment of other visitors is strictly prohibited.
- Any person found to be in possession of an article deemed to be offensive or dangerous will be immediately escorted from the Attraction without the right to refund and BWG reserves the right to make reports to the relevant authorities which may lead to prosecution.
- The consumption of intoxicating liquor is permitted only in authorised places within the Attraction. Accordingly, intoxicating liquor may not be taken into the Attraction except with the express permission of BWG and any persons found possessing alcohol, or who appear to be under the influence of alcohol may be refused admission to the Attraction or escorted from the Attraction without right to refund.
- The use of illegal substances is strictly prohibited and any persons found possessing, using or who appear to be under the influence of illegal substances will be refused admission or escorted from the Attraction without right to refund in arrears.
- Visitors must be dressed appropriately at all times whilst at the Attraction – this includes wearing a top and shoes. If a guest is wearing clothing that is indecent or likely to cause offence in any way, they will not be allowed entry. Some visitors may not wear stilettos or loose clothing due to health and safety reasons. If, after being requested by the Attraction, a visitor refuses to dress appropriately, the Attraction reserves the right to remove such visitor from the Attraction, without giving a refund.
- The only transport devices which are permitted within the Attraction are wheelchairs and mobility scooters.
- Unnecessary noise (such as that from the use of radio sets and other electrical equipment), or any behaviour likely to cause annoyance to other visitors or confusion of any kind is not permitted in any part of the Attraction.
- BWG will endeavour to ensure that as many facilities and attractions as possible are available for use by visitors at the Attraction. However, BWG reserves the right, without prior notice to close and change the programme of activities and Attraction and/or the Attraction’s operating hours. BWG in its absolute discretion reserves the right to close the whole or any part of the Attraction at any time or to restrict the number of persons having access to the Attraction. The reason for any closure or restriction provided by this condition may include closure due to capacity, inclement weather, special events or to ensure safety and security of visitors, or if BWG reasonably considers the circumstances so require.
- All activities, transport systems and any other facilities located at the Attraction must only be used in accordance with BWG or the relevant operator’s instructions.
- Visitors are permitted to take photographs and recordings within certain areas of the Attraction which are exclusively for private, personal use only. Commercial use of any kind is not permitted without the prior written consent of BWG, its owners and/or tenants.
- By accepting these regulations, visitors acknowledge that the Attraction may on demand have access to photographs taken and video footage captured by visitors to the Attraction and request that certain photographs and/or footage are deleted if they are or are deemed to be offensive to other visitors and/or staff. By accepting these regulations, visitors agree not to intentionally photograph and/or capture video footage of any individual without that person’s permission and must adhere to all photography/filming restrictions in place from time to time whilst within the Attraction.
- From time to time BWG or other authorised parties carry out photography and/or video recording in the Attraction, which may feature visitors. Entry to the Attraction is deemed acceptance of these Regulations, and you therefore agree that BWG or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with BWG or such authorised party (as the case may be).
- CCTV cameras are used to assist in the proper running of the Attraction. However, the Attraction does not make any representation as to the extent of coverage provided by the cameras.
- Pets or animals of any nature are expressly prohibited in the Attraction (except for guide dogs and registered support or hearing dogs). Guide dogs and registered support or hearing dogs must wear their Identifying Jackets and their Environmental Health and Identification Cards must be shown.
- Smoking (including of e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited inside and in premises owned and/or operated by BWG.
- All items, belongings and other property brought onto the Attraction by visitors shall be at such guest’s own risk and the Attraction accepts no liability for the loss or damage to such property. As such, the Attraction advises that visitors do not bring valuables to the Attraction.
- Vehicles are parked at the owner’s risk. The Attraction takes no responsibility for damage caused to any vehicle using the car park and no guarantee is given as to the security of guest’s vehicles in the car park. The Attraction does not guarantee the security of vehicles of visitors and/or their contents.
- No vehicles are permitted to remain in the Attraction outside the Attraction’s normal operating hours without the prior express permission of the Attraction, which retains absolute discretion as to whether such permission is granted.
- If any guest is in breach of any of these Entry Conditions is a member of a group, then such group of individuals may also, as the Attraction’s discretion be denied entry or escorted from the Attraction without right to refund.
- If Admission Tickets are bought on behalf of other visitors (for example, group bookings), the buyer accepts these Entry Conditions on behalf of every guest and shall ensure that these Entry Conditions are followed by each person in the group.